Chiasma is a late stage Phase 3 biopharmaceutical company focused on improving the lives of patients suffering from orphan diseases by developing and commercializing novel oral forms of therapies that are available today only by injection. The company’s lead product candidate is octreotide capsules for the orphan condition acromegaly and is currently in Phase 3 multinational clinical studies designed for both FDA and EMA commercial approval. Chiasma is a well-funded, public Delaware corporation (Nasdaq: CHMA) with wholly owned Israeli subsidiary.
The Executive Director/Vice President of Investor Relations/Communications will be responsible for proactively developing, implementing and managing Chiasma’s comprehensive investor relations and corporate communications program. This role will develop and manage relationships with the investment community, including investors and analysts. This individual will also be responsible for all corporate communications, including corporate visibility, media and public relations, align corporate strategy and public affairs. This individual will work closely with the Leadership team.
This exciting opportunity requires a leader experienced in leading the development of core messaging and positioning for a growing company and then executing a plan to communicate with a broad set of audiences consistently.
- Articulate an in-depth understanding of Chiasma’s business, its strategy, commercial plan, pipeline and financials.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with institutional investors and sell-side analysts as well as individual investors to provide a comprehensive and current perspective of the organization to enhance the value and marketability of the company.
- Proactively manage the investor pipeline and research new investor contacts.
- Maintain and communicate competitive intelligence and analysis on all industry peers to senior management.
- Develop materials for reporting and special announcements, including key messages presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, press releases and briefing information
- Track analysts estimates/consensus vs. internal forecasts and strategize the appropriate communications to ensure company is positioned to meet expectations,
- Manage timely preparation of earnings releases and quarterly earnings scripts.
- Prepare team for Q&A prior to each conference/earnings call and for investor inquiries.
- Provide information necessary for the preparation of the Annual Report and other financial communications, drive production of the 10-k wrap annual report.
- Develop and maintain a rolling schedule of investor relations events, including anticipated investor conferences, earnings call, investor panel events, analyst days and non-deal tradeshows.
- Manage company’s participation in investment conferences including preparation of external presentations and designation of 1-1 meetings.
- Manage company’s quarterly non-deal road show schedules including all geographic and account specific targeting, presentations and utilization of the sell-side.
- Manage investor relations portion of the website.
- Provide Regulation Fair Disclosure training to all designated company spokesperson.
- Effectively manage utilization of external IR/public relations agency
- When appropriate, identify and prepare for strategic CEO interview opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in English or Business Administration
- Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology essential, and commercial stage experience a huge plus.
- Experience leading the investor relations/corporate communication strategy and programs of public company.
- Strong understanding of SEC disclosure rules and regulations is a must
- Understanding of business/financial and biotech trade media relations required
- Demonstrated strategic competencies that enable highly capable leadership of Chiasma’s Investor Relations platform to drive value.
- Demonstrated planning and project management capabilities that will drive strong short and long term execution.
- Ability to work at a strategic level with members of the senior management team, and to drive results.
- Commitment to operational excellence.
Chiasma Inc. (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion/creed, national origin, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, military, reservist or veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Consistent with its obligations under applicable law, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of the Company’s Human Resources department.