The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will lead the company’s planning and analysis processes, including budgeting, sales forecasting, developing financial reporting packages for senior leadership, and business and valuation modeling. This position will interact with all levels of management across the organization.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company’s businesses.
- Lead the development of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company and provide monthly update to P&L and cash flow forecasts. Build long-range plans.
- Routinely communicate business, financial and operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- In collaboration with CEO and the commercial team, build ongoing forecasts of top-line revenue forecasts and develop a dashboard weekly that informs top management of sales against performance targets.
- Assist in the closing of the monthly accounting records by supporting the accounting team, as needed, in the analysis of accounts, primarily having to do with the tracking of contracts spend and progress.
- Attend monthly accrual meetings and track risks / opportunities against financial plans.
- Collaborate with the accounting department to perform monthly reviews of budget vs. actual with departmental managers.
- Develop a comprehensive monthly reporting package for senior management.
- Lead scenario modeling efforts for the development and growth of the company.
- Develop valuation models for business development deal and license opportunities.
- Prepare presentations in support of board meetings and investor presentations.
- Implement web-based financial forecasting software (BI360 or other).
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging analytical resources and tools.
- Monitor performance and competitive dynamics of companies that are strategic partners and competitors.
- Develop case studies and evaluate metrics of those that have gone before us in the successful launch and market of orphan products.
- Assist business leaders in the negotiation of the financial aspects of certain service contracts.
- 10+ years of financial planning and analysis experience with progressive responsibility, especially with exposure to commercial operations and experience in biotechnology companies
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and technical pronouncements a plus
- B.S. degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is desirable, MBA preferred
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong financial modeling skills required
- Knowledge of ERP systems may be helpful, but not essential
- Candidates should possess strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and have the ability to work with all levels of employees and be able to present findings to senior management
- Be able to meet the rigorous deadlines of a public company, multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Be able to lead and direct staff when FP&A expands