The Accounts Payable / Payroll Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate posting of invoices into the accounting system, that weekly payments are made to vendors, and the accurate administration of payroll and employee expense reports. This role will liaise closely with senior managers for invoice authorization and Human Resources for payroll information. This is a hands-on position and the ability to multitask and work with others is essential. This position will report to the Vice President of Finance & Administration.
- Match invoices to purchase orders or receiving documentation.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and purchase orders for payments, including confirming correct coding and approvals.
- Enter invoices and expense reports into the ERP’s Accounts Payable system.
- Review purchase orders for accuracy / appropriate approvals to then create and / or finalize in the ERP system.
- Process checks and wire transfers for payment.
- Reconcile vendor statements as needed.
- Interact with vendors and internal customers.
- 1099 preparation.
- Ensure all payroll (multi-state) is processed on a timely basis.
- Use Paylocity to maintain up to date records and accurate uploads within the payroll system.
- Process withholdings, garnishments, as well as fringe benefit deductions like 401k, etc.
- Respond to frequent requests for information, reports, employment verifications, audit requests etc.
- Support accruals for unrecorded liabilities, consulting and other clinical costs during the monthly close.
- Member of the implementation team for Sunshine Act reporting data tracking in 2020.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience inAccounts Payable and payroll administration, preferably in the life science and / or healthcare industry; previous Sunshine Act implementation experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts required, with degree work preferred; General Ledger Accounting experiences a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite and Concur preferred.
- Experience with Paylocity, ADP, or other payroll processing system.
- Fast and accurate alpha and numeric data entry required.
- Proven attention to detail, strong organizational skills, an ability to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers alike.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and various levels of management needed.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Chiasma Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sec, religion / creed, national origin, martial status, ancestry, citizenship, military, reservist or veteran status, pregnancy sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Consistent with its obligations under applicable law, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of the Company’s Human Resources department.