This position ensures that HR services are aligned with the Company’s strategic business objectives and are positioned to enable the Company to successfully meet business goals and objectives of a global organization. Direct the effective delivery of all Human Resource services including: staffing, employee relations, benefits, performance management, compensation management, learning and development and compliance. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Experience in building a Commercial team from the ground up. Knowledge of incentive plans for marketing and sales teams.
- Develops accurate job descriptions, establishes appropriate salary ranges and develops and implements recruiting plan for open positions.
- Identifies candidates via various external and internal sources (internet sites, applicable industry and professional associations, employee referrals, networking).
- Conducts primary interview and evaluates candidates for open positions (via a thorough interview process). Works with hiring managers to ensure candidates’ skills and experience meet position requirements and the most qualified candidates are selected.
- Utilizes cost-effective methods to successfully hire for the open positions within an appropriate time-frame.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors and senior management to ensure current staffing objectives are being met and to adequately anticipate and plan for future staffing needs.
- Ensures that HR programs and practices are administered in a fair and equitable fashion.
- Provides guidance, advice and counsel to employees and managers regarding a broad range of employee relations issues (e.g., performance issues, manager-employee communications, grievance resolution, morale, attendance, etc.).
- Interprets, explains and applies various HR practices and programs and relevant employment and labor laws to employees and managers.
- Develops and maintains progressive HR programs and practices that allow for flexibility to accommodate employees’ needs while enabling the Company to remain competitive in the external business environment.
Performance Management and Annual Goal Setting
- Works with managers and employees to promote and administer all elements of a pay for performance philosophy.
- Provides assistance and counsel to managers on effectively delivering performance feedback to employees.
- Works with managers to ensure that employee performance evaluations are completed on time and provide objective feedback regarding employee performance and contributions.
- Works with managers to ensure that all employees individual performance goals are specific, measurable, achievable and compatible with the position, and aligned with the corporate goals of the company.
- Meet with employees and provide assistance in professional development throughout the company, including short and long-term growth and development opportunities.
- Develops and maintains total compensation and benefit programs that reflect the value the Company places on its employees and which are competitive in the marketplace.
- Public company compensation committee management and presentation skills essential.
- Maintains current data regarding competitive compensation practices, conducts thorough job evaluations, develops salary structures, and researches compensation-related issues.
- Management of stock option overhang.
- Management of the Radford / compensation committee advisory consultant relationship.
- Manages the annual compensation process (e.g. salary, bonus, and long-term incentive plans).
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to propose and report on key compensation programs including short- and long-term incentive plans designed to reward and retain key talent.
Learning & Development
- Oversees the development and delivery of comprehensive training and development programs which are aligned with the Company’s key competencies and enable employees and managers to successfully meet personal, professional and corporate goals.
- Sales and Compliance training awareness and participation.
- Design and conduct new hire orientation program to enable new employees to quickly and effectively adapt to the Company culture.
- Ensures the Company’s HR practices and programs comply with all current federal and state employment and labor laws.
- Develop and maintain the Benefits Summary and ensure consistency of application throughout the Company.
- Oversees the management and delivery of all benefit programs (e.g., health, disability, life, retirement).
- Prepare and manage budget for all human resources operations.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA
- PHR/SPHR certification desired.
- 15+ years in Human Resources with increasing responsibility and functional leadership experience within the Life Sciences industry
- Experience in building and supporting a Commercial organization
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Must have direct work experience in most of the disciplines of Human Resources (e.g., staffing and recruiting, employee relations, performance management, compensation, compliance, benefits)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work easily and smoothly with all levels within the organization including members of the executive team
- Hands on capabilities needed to work with a small talented group of employees and a focused goal driven organization (No job too big or too small)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to quickly understand issues to develop solid conclusions and recommendations
- Decisive as well as collaborative
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels (internally and externally)
- Ability to effectively advocate ideas and influence internal and external audiences
- Effective management of limited resources and priorities.
- Knowledge of HR databases
- Has excellent computer skills and Microsoft Products proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)